Transitioning from a Facility
When discharged from a hospital, nursing home, or rehabilitation center patients often report that the most difficult part of the recovery is over. While it’s good to be home, it’s also the start of a new and different life routine. Many families choose home care services from HealthNow Home Healthcare to ensure that patients receive the best possible care.
One in four people over the age of 65 suffer from a chronic disease and those with more than one condition are at the greatest risk of returning to the hospital. Heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diabetes, and coronary artery disease are some of the most common and dangerous conditions in older age.
HealthNow Home Healthcare offers a range of services to help reduce readmissions to healthcare facilities.
HealthNow Home Healthcare services ensure that the patient and family:
- Know the expectations involved in transitioning back to their home
- Know what prescriptions the patient will take after they are discharged. This should include an RN home visit (under home health benefit or private pay) for the purpose of medication reconciliation and discussing instructions and dosages
- Develop a plan so that the patient takes the correct medications at the right time and at the right dosage
- Know the signs and symptoms to look for to indicate that their condition is getting worse
Manage transportation to medical appointments
- Personalized Care Plans
- Personalized Medical Services
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapy
- Dietary Counseling
- Medical Social Work
- Grief and Bereavement Services
- Spiritual and Pastoral Services
- Hospice Care
Call Now: 888-808-5226 Fax: 415-854-0492