Why Speech Therapy?
Speech and language help people communicate clearly and concisely. Speech plays a vital role in a person’s independence. At HealthNow our certified speech therapists work with patients to regain speech functions so they can return to their daily lives and communicate effectively. Patients who have difficulties with speech and language can benefit from speech therapy.
We are experts in helping our clients manage their speech-related problems. If you experience problems with your accent, slurred speech, acute stuttering, difficulties making skilled movements that are necessary for speech, aphasia, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, vocal cord problems, brain injury, or Alzheimer’s disease, our speech therapists can tailor a plan that targets your challenges.
HealthNow Home Healthcare specializes in assisting patients who have difficulties with –
Speech issues can arise after a stroke or head injury as well as after medical issues like respiratory infections, aging, degenerative conditions, surgery and more.
Our certified speech therapists have the expertise required to help patients regain their speech and manage speech-related problems so they can return to their daily lives and function independently.
At HealthNow, we are totally committed to providing professional assistance to patients in the comfort of their own home. Yes, we will come to you! With our comprehensive speech therapy services, patients experience the benefits including a louder voice, much clearer speech, improved intelligibility, natural speech rate, and improved facial expressions while speaking.
HealthNow Home Healthcare Services
We operate in the bay area offering a wide range treatments and services. Our clients are adolescents to fully grown adults experiencing challenges in speech, cognition, neurology, language, and voice. We understand that these challenges may have resulted from a stroke, injury to the brain, disease, or other forms of neurological problems. Here are some of the services that we provide –
- Language therapy – We provide professional speech therapy for individuals to help them communicate their needs and improve their vocabulary. We teach grammar, tell stories, make use of social language, improve listening skills, and enhance their ability to read and write.
- Cognitive therapy – Our cognitive services help to enhance attention, build short-term and long-term memory, improve concentration, facilitate organization, improve reasoning and problem-solving skills, enhance flexible mental processes, and improve reading and writing skills.
- Articulation therapy and accent modification – We help to improve enunciation and pronunciation for our clients. We can also help our clients to minimize a foreign accent making their speech more easily understood.
- Fluency and voice therapy – We provide professional help to clients who stutter and improve the supply of breath, pitch, and volume while reducing nasality.
- Swallowing therapy – HealthNow helps clients to improve in their chewing and swallowing functions as well.
We only Employ the Best Professionals
HealthNow Home Healthcare works with highly trained speech-language therapists who are licensed and available to come to your home. Our therapists develop customized therapy sessions to enhance a patient’s communication skills. Contact us today to make an appointment with a certified speech therapist.
- Personalized Care Plans
- Personalized Medical Services
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapy
- Dietary Counseling
- Medical Social Work
- Grief and Bereavement Services
- Spiritual and Pastoral Services
- Hospice Care
Call Now: 888-808-5226 Fax: 415-854-0492