Medical Social Work
Why Social Services?
Social and emotional well-being are the cornerstones of our medical social work. HealthNow’s medical social workers are professionals that understand how difficult it is for some patients to attend doctors appointments or coordinate medications. HealthNow’s medical social workers have the resources needed to ensure patient safety. Our social workers provide the necessary assistance, whether it is medical, social, or psychological. HealthNow can also provide education and resource links for family caretakers. Our professionals are skilled in assisting patients and their families to cope with personal, emotional, and social challenges.
Challenging Situations Require a Positive Attitude
A patient’s socio-emotional factors play a big role in their response to medical care. A patient with a healthy attitude will recover more quickly than one who is struggling with emotional needs. HealthNow social workers provide empathy and compassion during challenging times as well as a treatment plan to get families and patients back to a positive mental state. Our medical social workers can work with your medical team and family members to make sure patients are receiving the proper course of care. This collaborative effort often results in better clinical progress and shorter recovery times.
We offer a wide range of medical and social services including
- Patient & Family Support – Our medical social workers provide support services to ensure patient safety, improve recovery times, and support family members.
- Crisis Intervention – Our medical social workers provide counseling interventions for our patients and their loved ones during an acute crisis like a sudden death, ICU admission, accident, assault, and more.
- Counseling – Our counseling services help patients and families adjust to difficult situations like a serious illness or a sudden death.
- Discharge Planning – Discharge planning services help patients and family members transition and promote a positive outcome.
- Bereavement Service – We can coordinate bereavement support and ensure loved ones are remembered in a dignified manner.
If you are looking for social work services for your loved ones at home, feel free to contact HealthNow Home Healthcare and we will create a comprehensive support solution to work with your current situation and challenges.
- Personalized Care Plans
- Personalized Medical Services
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapy
- Dietary Counseling
- Medical Social Work
- Grief and Bereavement Services
- Spiritual and Pastoral Services
- Hospice Care
Call Now: 888-808-5226 Fax: 415-854-0492