Physical Therapist Marin County
Physical incapabilities are preventing individuals from simple mobility, as well as from having physical activity and proper function. For this reason, physical therapy helps people of all ages having medical conditions, illnesses or injuries that limit their regular ability to move and function.
A customized physical therapy program suggested by our Marin County specialists can help individuals return to their prior level of functioning, encourage activities and lifestyle changes as well as prevent further injury and improve overall health and well being. Our doctors from Health Now Home Healthcare refer patients to physical therapy at the first sign of a problem, since it is considered a conservative approach to managing problems. Below are mentioned points answering questions by the physical therapy is essential and what our professionals will contribute but not limited to:
- Avoiding surgery. If physical therapy will help you to eliminate pain or heal from an injury, surgery may not be needed. And even if surgery is required, you may benefit from pre-surgery physical therapy. Also, by avoiding surgery, health care costs are reduced.
- Mobility improvement. Physical therapy can help while having trouble standing, walking or moving. Proper exercise will be provided by our Marin County professionals to provide better outcome.
- Recovering from sports injury. Physical therapists understand how different sports can increase your risk for specific types of injuries (such as stress fractures for distance runners).
- Eliminating or reducing pain. Therapeutic exercises and manual therapy techniques such as joint and soft tissue mobilization or treatments such as ultrasound, taping or electrical stimulation can help relieve pain and restore muscle and joint function to reduce pain.
- Manage diabetes and vascular conditions. As part of an overall diabetes management plan, exercise can help effectively control blood sugar. Home Healthcare physical therapists can help provide and educate these patients on proper foot care to prevent further problems down the road.
- Dealing with age-related issues. By age, patients may develop arthritis or osteoporosis or need a joint replacement. Physical therapists are experts in helping patients recover from joint replacement, and manage arthritic or osteoporotic conditions conservatively.
- Heart and lung disease. While patients may complete cardiac rehabilitation after a heart attack or procedure, you also may receive physical therapy if your daily functioning is affected. For pulmonary problems, physical therapy can improve quality of life through strengthening, conditioning and breathing exercises, and help patients clear fluid in the lungs.
The physical therapy suggested by our professionals includes the following types: Orthopedic physical therapy (musculoskeletal injuries, involving the muscles, bones, ligaments, fascias, and tendons , Patients may undergo treatment with joint mobilizations, manual therapy, strength training, mobility training, and other modalities.), Geriatric physical therapy (aims to restore mobility, reduce pain and increase physical fitness levels), Neurological physical therapy(Treatment may aim to increase limb responsiveness, treat paralysis, and reverse increase muscles strength by reducing muscle atrophy.),Cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation(Treatment can increase physical endurance and stamina.), Pediatric physical therapy(diagnose, treat, and manage conditions that affect infants, children, and adolescents, including developmental delays, cerebral palsy, spine bifida, torticollis and other conditions that impact the musculoskeletal system), Wound care therapy(Physical therapy may include the use of manual therapies, electric stimulation, compression therapy and wound care),Pelvic floor rehabilitation(can help treat urinary or fecal incontinence, urinary urgency and pelvic pain in men and women as a result of injuries or surgery, or because of certain conditions)
Besides physical disorders described above there are numerous health problems, emotional challenges that may be noticed while having physical disorders. Thus, people dealing with these kinds of people should also have motivational skills in order to push the patient doing specific exercises as well as not preventing them to socialize with other as a cause of having physical disorder.
Besides main medical services, Marin County professionals also provide home services for helping you and your relatives in terms of cooking, cleaning, helping patients to change clothes and other related services
Our professionals from Health Now Home Healthcare will provide high quality direct and indirect services need for your relatives and make your life easier as well. We will include in our services, healing from initial diagnosis to through the restorative preventive stages of recovery.
- Personalized Care Plans
- Personalized Medical Services
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapy
- Dietary Counseling
- Medical Social Work
- Grief and Bereavement Services
- Spiritual and Pastoral Services
- Hospice Care
Call Now: 888-808-5226 Fax: 415-854-0492