North Bay Occupational Therapist
Going by the recent publication of the AOTA (American Occupational Therapy Association), an occupational therapist is defined as one that has been trained specially to help individuals across various ages to carry out certain desired activities through therapeutic means. In a broader sense, the main duty of an occupational therapist is to develop or devise a plan or program that would help maintain or even recover meaningful occupation or activities of various people irrespective of their age or background. These occupational therapists often times work with people that are either injured or disabled, those with mental health issues, those suffering from impairment, and even little children.
These occupational therapists have been certified and licensed by the relevant authorities after passing the relevant exams. These therapists work hand in hand with speech and physical therapists.
Benefits Of Occupational Therapists
- Helps to regain independence; there are certain injuries and illnesses that could make most people lose their ability to move around. When these type of injuries are incurred, the best option would be to visit an occupational therapist. Those who are either recovering from hip replacement, stroke, and other bodily ailments would find occupational therapy very helpful as it would grant them the independence that was previously taken away from them.
Going by the report published by the Medical News, patients recovering from stroke that engaged in occupational therapy were able to handle certain tasks by themselves in less than no time. This clearly shows that occupational therapy works and could prove beneficial to you as you seek to recover. One way these occupational therapists help to make you independent is by carefully examining your condition, then devising a program or plan that has been tailored to meet your needs. This program or plan devised can be followed either weekly or monthly depending on the condition of the patient.
- Helps you get back to work; one of the many causes of depression amongst those suffering from severe injuries is that of not being able to get a meaningful job to provide for their loved ones. Their inability to move around would definitely limit the type of job they could apply for. To enable you to get back to work, the job of an occupational therapist would be to carefully assess your situation, then come with an exercise program that if followed properly would see you back on your feet.
One of the interesting things about occupational therapists is that they do not follow an arranged or already pre-determined program. They will have to assess your condition, then devise a program that would suit your condition. This is one of the reasons why it is one of the most effective healthcare options for those having difficulty moving around.
- Would improve your general sleep and wake-up routine; when you are suffering from certain injuries, you would find it extremely difficult to get a good night’s sleep. These occupational therapists can help improve your sleep by offering you a better and an improved sleep program. They do not just help you get a good night’s rest, they also ensure that you sleep and wake-up on time. This program would help you sleep and wake-up better even after your program is completed.
Who Needs The Services Of An Occupational Therapist?
Those in need of occupational therapy include but are definitely not limited to these;
- Children; occupational therapy would help them develop cognitive abilities as well as fine motor skills.
- Aged ones; occupational therapy will help them maintain their balance, thus, ensuring that they are able to stand or walk for a long period of time.
Those having mental health issues
- Personalized Care Plans
- Personalized Medical Services
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapy
- Dietary Counseling
- Medical Social Work
- Grief and Bereavement Services
- Spiritual and Pastoral Services
- Hospice Care
Call Now: 888-808-5226 Fax: 415-854-0492