Home Speech Therapist Oakland
Do you have a loved one that finds it difficult to speak? Do you have elderly relatives or parents that are suffering from speech impairment? If you answer yes to any of those questions, then you have come to the right place. Basically, speech therapy is a form of treatment that is provided to those that have communication, swallowing, and cognitive disorders. Speech therapy is quite important as one part of the speech function may have been compromised. Those charged with the responsibility of helping those with communication disorders are referred to as speech-language pathologists and they have been trained thoroughly to enable them to restore function in these Important areas.
These speech-language therapists have been certified by the relevant authorities and as such capable of handling any communication impairment issue, you may face. On the other hand, home speech therapists have been trained to restore or improve the communication functions of individuals in the comfort of their homes. These professionals have been trained to offer the needed assistance and they do so in these ways;
- Communication; disorders that are related to communication tend to affect the regular task of clients like simply talking on the phone. To help handle this disorder, home speech therapists create verbal and non-verbal systems that would include icons or images that would allow clients to communicate effectively.
- Cognitive; cognitive disorders like memory loss and the accompanying disorientation have been attributed to dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. To provide the needed assistance to those with this disorder, home therapists create programs of patterned memory tasks, reasoning, problem-solving, auditory and visual aids. All these programs are displayed in the comfort of the client’s, thus, ensuring that they understand.
- Swallowing; this is one of the most common problems that patients have had to face. It could result in weight loss. To ensure that this disorder becomes a thing of the past, home therapists modify the diets of patients at the same time educating them on some of the best swallow strategies they can apply.
Services Of A Home Speech Therapist
Some of the services home speech therapists carry out include but are definitely not limited to the following;
- Evaluation of the patient; before they can get to work, a home speech therapist would have to carefully examine the patient. This is done to ensure that they get a better idea of the problem at the same time seeking avenues to assist them. As mentioned above, there are about three popular disorders that these home speech therapists attend to, the first thing would be to find out which of the disorder the client has. Once the disorder has been identified, the next step would be to prepare a plan that would help achieve the set goal.
- Medical care; a home speech care therapist also offers clients medical care in forms of programs that have been created. As the need arises, these home speech therapists could also help to administer medication to the client.
- Case manager; this happens to be another service that KS offered by a home therapist. This could include taking the client to other parts of the community all with the aim of restoring their ability to speak, to remember, and also to swallow.
Benefits Of Home Speech Therapist
Some of the benefits these professionals offer to clients include but are definitely not limited to these;
- They provide tailored contents according to the needs of each client.
- Helps to improve the coordination of speech muscles right from the comfort of the home.
- Make the client comfortable at the same time preserving their dignity.
Create a bond between them and the client
- Personalized Care Plans
- Personalized Medical Services
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapy
- Dietary Counseling
- Medical Social Work
- Grief and Bereavement Services
- Spiritual and Pastoral Services
- Hospice Care
Call Now: 888-808-5226 Fax: 415-854-0492