Home Physical Therapist Oakland
Basically, physical therapy refers to a treatment type that helps to improve the functionality of the body. Home physical therapy refers to the treatment of a patient or client in the comfort of their home. These home physical therapists have tons of techniques that would help reduce pain and at the same time increase mobility for better balance and strength. It has been revealed that regular therapy sessions can help improve strength and balance of the patient, thus, preventing surprise falls.
Unknown to most people, physical therapy has countless benefits to the body. It is capable of making the body perform at an optimal level. While it is beneficial for the overall well-being of the body, seniors or the elderly have been described as those in dire need of this therapy. Aside from seniors, those with mobility challenges would find it beneficial as well. Home physical therapy has been said to be reserved for individuals that are unable to leave their homes. To be eligible for home physical therapy, these reasons must be cited.
- That the patient’s condition is critical and that leaving the home for any reason could present great health risks.
- The functional ability of the patient to move has been limited and so unable to travel to therapy sessions.
- The patient lacks adequate means of transportation to get to and from the therapy sessions. While there may be adequate transportation to the therapy sessions, does it pose a threat to the life of the patient?. So an adequate means that does not in any way pose a threat to the life of the patient must be available.
- That the patient simply wants the service of a home physical therapist.
Individuals That Can Benefit >From Home Physical Therapy
This has proven to be a big problem for most people. Basically, those with problems that have resulted in their inability to move around may benefit from physical therapy right in the comfort of their homes. While everyone with mobility challenges can benefit from home physical therapy in Oakland, those with these conditions are placed at the top of the list.
- Parkinson’s disease
- Heart attack
- Fracture of the bone
- ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis)
- Knee or hip replacement
Benefits Of Home Physical Therapy
Unknown to most people, there are great benefits that come from hiring the services of a home physical therapist in Oakland. Some of these benefits include;
- It prevents falls; those diagnosed with the conditions mentioned above alongside elderly people tend to lose balance when they try to move around. This could lead to surprise falls and countless injuries. Traveling to therapy sessions would definitely expose them to greater risks. With a home physical therapist regularly visiting at home, the chances of these surprise falls are reduced which in turn reduces the level of injury incurred.
- It focuses on the individual; while therapy sessions are good, home physical therapy is more convenient and at the same time focuses on the growth process of one individual at a time. Often time, clients would be made to carry out certain tasks that they do at home. It could be climbing the stairs, standing for a long time, visiting the toilet etc. Since the therapist focuses on one individual, he/she would be in a better position to make out a plan that would work perfectly for the client as he/she seeks to get back on their feet.
Cost effective; aside from the fact that home physical therapy is convenient, clients do not need to spend extra cash on getting pieces of equipment as it requires little preparations on their part.
- Personalized Care Plans
- Personalized Medical Services
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapy
- Dietary Counseling
- Medical Social Work
- Grief and Bereavement Services
- Spiritual and Pastoral Services
- Hospice Care
Call Now: 888-808-5226 Fax: 415-854-0492