Home Occupational Therapist Oakland
While most people claim that occupational therapy and other forms of therapies like speech and physical are for the elderly, you will find it interesting to know that it is not true. It has proven to be of great benefit to people of all ages. They have been designed to improve or restore the physical and psychosocial abilities of individuals. Basically, occupational therapists are well-trained healthcare services providers that help Individuals irrespective of their age to recover skills. Aside from the fact that these professionals help people you recover skills, they have also been trained to guide adults (and others) towards cognitive and physical changes.
Home occupational therapists are those that offer these skills to clients in their home. This means that these professionals travel down to the home of the patients to guide them as they seek to make cognitive as well as physical changes. This is one of the many services home healthcare service providers offer their clients. In the last couple of years, people have found them helpful as they have been unable to cater to the needs of their loved ones in need of these services. This has resulted in great benefits with most journals in the medical field praising the efforts of home occupational therapists.
Benefits Of Hiring The Service Of A Home Occupational Therapist
There are tons of benefits that have been identified, we will take a look at a few of them. They include;
- Mental restoration; health conditions like Alzheimer’s disease and dementia have been described by most people in the medical field as one of the unavoidable disorders that people would encounter. Studies have further shown that training the brain regularly could promote mental health which will, in turn, lessen the effect of these conditions when they finally come. To do this, it is important that the occupational therapist make a plan that would target the mental capacity of the patient. It has been revealed that home occupational therapists have implored this method and have been able to help clients.
- Prevents falling; you will find it surprising to know that occupational therapy has been identified as one of the best ways to prevent falling in the elderly. In a recent study published by the AOTA (American Occupational Therapy Association) about 1 out of every 3 senior would sustain serious injury from falls. This report went further to state that those with poor health tend to incur more injuries. To reduce the chances of falling, it would be better to hire the service of a home occupational therapist who has been trained to set up programs and plans that would focus on the physical and cognitive nature of the individual.
When you hire the service of a home occupational therapist, you are sure that your loved one will not sustain as much injury because they are familiar with their home.
- Helps to rehabilitate; hiring a home occupational therapist for your loved one who is either recovering from surgery or other serious health conditions would mean that they have someone to share their problems with. Aside from the fact that it happens to be convenient, it would also bring relief which will, in turn, result in a better response to treatment. As part of their service, a home occupational therapist may also offer consultancy services that would enable your loved ones to recover as soon as possible.
- Also, they educate as well as set up programs that would help reach their target or aim. Interestingly, it can help nurture friendship between the therapist and the client.
- Personalized Care Plans
- Personalized Medical Services
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapy
- Dietary Counseling
- Medical Social Work
- Grief and Bereavement Services
- Spiritual and Pastoral Services
- Hospice Care
Call Now: 888-808-5226 Fax: 415-854-0492