Home Nursing Contra Costa County
What is Homecare (in-home care)?.
Home care (also referred to as social care, domiciliary care, or in-home care) is that supportive care provided at home. Care may be given by healthcare professionals (licensed) who offer medical treatment services or by it could be provided by professional caregivers who offer daily assistance to ensure the patient’s activities of daily living are met.
Benefits of in-home nursing
Most people do not want to stay far away from their elderly family member and would want a close relationship with them especially now they are old. The best solution for this is in home nursing.
How can Healthnow Home Healthcare help?
State law allows us to provide in-home nursing care via Registered nurses (RNs). LPNs orLicensed Practical Nurses and/or Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs). RNs are in charge of supervising treatment offered by the LPNs. They also give direct care and teach the patient and their family about their care & treatment. They monitor and evaluate your care, to make sure that the treatment plan is effective.
Examples of Home Health Nurse responsibilities
- Assess patients’ condition during every visit, write down/ chart your observations of the day or week.
- Perform evaluation tasks, including vital signs of deterioration or improvements
- Dress or redress fresh wounds and assess the progress of healing and what actions to be taken.
Educate patients and their families on proper home health care strategies and procedures. Education about diseases and their treatments.
- Coordinate with Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Speech therapists and anyone else involved in the patient’s care.
- Administer medication as prescribed by the patient’s physician
- Health assessments that include vital sign and blood pressure monitoring, glucose monitoring, telemonitoring and post-operation monitoring
- IV management
- Ostomy and Colostomy management and training
- Medication reconciliation and doctor or pharmacist reports
- Administration of medication, Heparin flushes
- Foot care
- Urinary catheter management
- Tube, drain and bag management
- Make recommendations for devices or equipment that can make activities easier for the patient.
- Listen to the patient and respond to concerns or requests
Reasons patients may prefer in-home care to a nursing home include:
Studies show that up to 90% of senior citizens prefer home care over institutional care. The following are reasons to choose home care Vs. facility care.
- As they say, there is no place like home. Studies have shown familiar surroundings bring peace and a sense of relaxation thereby keeping the patient at rest. This helps them enthusiastically participate in anything the nurse tells them.
- Home care helps the family stay together. Parents get to see their kids and everyone tries to be a better version for the person they love.
- It has been proven that people heal better and faster in the comfort of their own homes.
- Home care helps family members participate in the well being of their loved ones and this strengthens the bond around them.
- Homecare reduces the hassle of anxiety which helps them get better. Anxiety and stress often accompany illnesses or add to them. This can be limited by having proper home care.
- For most people, the quality and joy of their lives are far better at home than anywhere else.
- Nurses are more focused on the patient and not easily distracted by any other patient. This lets them work to their full potential, giving the patient all they need.
- Some people do not like the company if strangers and in-home nursing can reduce the chances of them seeing new faces every day.
HealthNow Home healthcare provides the best services and more. Your loved ones would be in the best of hands as our nurses and loving, patient and dedicated. They would do what’s best for the patient, monitor their day to day progress and form an occupational bond with their physician. This helps them more effective In doing their jobs.
- Personalized Care Plans
- Personalized Medical Services
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapy
- Dietary Counseling
- Medical Social Work
- Grief and Bereavement Services
- Spiritual and Pastoral Services
- Hospice Care
Call Now: 888-808-5226 Fax: 415-854-0492