Home Healthcare Oakland
Home Healthcare simply refers to healthcare that is offered to either a sick or aging patient in the comfort of their home. Instead of having to move them to various nursing homes, home healthcare would ensure that they receive the needed treatment right in the comfort of their homes. It was designed to help older and sick people live as independent as possible. The term “home healthcare” covers a wide range of services aimed at achieving one common goal. In most cases, home healthcare may include physical therapy, occupational therapy, nursing care, and emotional support. It could also include helping these sick or elderly individuals with certain daily life activities which may include feeding, bathing, cooking, and cleaning the home.
While most people do not actually know, the term “home healthcare” is quite different from “home care”. The former is medical in nature while the latter include medical as well as other daily life activities. Home healthcare service providers are usually licensed therapists, practical nurses, and home health aides.
Why Choose Home Healthcare
Unknown to most people, home healthcare has some profound benefits in the lives of clients all over the world. We will discuss some of these benefits.
- Safety benefits; in a study conducted in the United States, it was revealed that aging or sick people are at a higher risk of falls and this is because they experience a reduction in sight, balance, hearing, and mobility. Sending them to nursing homes or hospitals which is unfamiliar to them would definitely increase their chances of falling. When you provide them with healthcare services right in the comfort of their homes which they are familiar with, the risk of surprise falls is reduced to the barest minimum.
- Fosters a good relationship; most elderly people find it difficult to maintain a good relationship with their families when they are moved to a nursing home, this makes them lonely and could lead to depression. Those who receive home healthcare service do not just maintain a good relationship with their loved ones, they can also have close friends over. In addition, they form a strong bond with the caregiver.
- Brings relief; elderly or sick individuals would definitely have lost some of their close friends as well as would have lost certain privileges. Receiving healthcare services in their home would help them hang on to some of the things they hold dear. The comfort they get from receiving treatment in their home would definitely move them to respond better.
The Various Types Of Home Healthcare Services In Oakland
There are tons of healthcare services a patient or client can receive in the comfort of their home. We will take a look at some of the popular services. They include;
- Doctor care; this service would require a doctor to visit a client to diagnose and treat the illness. This visit could either be weekly or monthly. The duration will depend on the condition of the client.
- Nursing care; this is one of the most popular healthcare services that your elderly or sick loved one can receive. After consulting with a doctor, the nurse or caregiver would have to set up a plan that would help cater to the needs of the client. Nursing care here could include; administering medications, ostomy care, intravenous care, wound dressing, physical and occupational therapy etc.
- Social medical services; this is another type of home healthcare in Oakland and it provides services like; counseling, searching and visiting community resources or centers that could contribute to the recovery process of the client. They can also help manage the client medically.
- Personalized Care Plans
- Personalized Medical Services
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapy
- Dietary Counseling
- Medical Social Work
- Grief and Bereavement Services
- Spiritual and Pastoral Services
- Hospice Care
Call Now: 888-808-5226 Fax: 415-854-0492