Professional Home Health Care in Alameda County- Some Things to Remember
Almost everyone is going to come to that point in adulthood where they need to care for an elderly family member. At this point deciding to find someone best for the care of your loved ones becomes tough indeed since we always look for the best, and of course, the best is always costly. Professional Home Care facilities and services are abundant in this country. These facilities flourish because they are still in demand. Everyone grows older and with age illness, disability and doing things own becomes difficult. And, at this point, most people look for professional home care and assistance at some point in their future.
Difficulties we face during finding professionals for home health care
Quality professional home health care in Alameda County is not easy to find, though many agencies are providing these services.
Various reasons make caring for elderly, disabled and ailing individuals a problematic proposition.
• Because of hectic lifestyles and other circumstances, it becomes very tough to care for disabled or older people, and then we look for agencies services. We want someone with whom our loved ones feel comfortable when they are around them every time.
• While it may not be intentional, these patients are dealing with some extremely challenging life circumstances and are entitled to a mood swing now and again. It requires a very caring, patient and kind individual to provide excellent home care and handle each patient with kindness, dignity and respect, even when they are in their less than tolerable moods.
• Many professional home care facilities and professionals do not provide quality care and treat patients harshly and even abusively. There have been many reports of both mental and physical abuse of these individuals in residential or in home health care situations. Of course at the orientation, these so-called professionals are charming and assuring that they will provide excellent care and friendly services to the patients there. However, once they get the patient to sign on and they are not in the presence of the families, their behaviour towards the residents/patients is less than satisfactory and sometimes even criminal.
That’s why finding quality professional home care is challenging and deciding to have a stranger taking care of your dear ones is not an easy decision. In some cases, the family members can rely on the patient to report how the caregivers are treating them.
However, in many cases, the patient is unable to express what is going on, and thus the behaviour continues. It is unfortunate to think of a family member not treated well and not being able to show it to his family, yet this goes on all the time with healthcare professionals.
That is why it is essential to take time in deciding as to who you entrust the care of your loved ones. Do the research, get feedback from other patients and families, ask questions and visit often before making your final decision. After all, this is your family you are talking about here. You do not want to take the care of your loved ones lightly, especially at this tender age when they cannot fend for or stand up for themselves against these so-called professional caregivers.
While it may be inevitable that we will at some point place a loved one in the protection of professional home care workers, doesn’t mean we should haphazardly choose anyone with a license or degree to work in the healthcare industry. It is essential to do the footwork and collect as much information as possible about the professionals and facility you choose before entrusting your loved one to a stranger. Word of mouth can be invaluable in this situation. A recommendation from a friend or family member takes the mystery out of the equation. Having someone you trust recommend quality professional home care, should help to put your mind at ease about whether or not you are making the best decision for your loved one.
Every year, over 500 agencies of home health care in Alameda County citywide provide home care services to more than half a million people who have physical disabilities, have health issues or are terminally ill. As the human population ages, we expect that the number of agencies involved in home care will continue to grow.
Today, we live longer and healthier lives than ever before! But, if a time comes when help is needed, questions about arrangements for assistance or care will arise. Many patients/seniors like to stay in their own homes with their family, that’s why a range of home care services have materialised to make this achievable.
Why Home Health care
1. Home care usually refers to non-medical services that assist seniors with activities of daily living. For long-term care, home care is an increasingly accepted preference for proper care for the reason that it allows persons to stay in their environments, and can also give family caregivers a much-needed break.
2. For instance, simple tasks such as shopping, housekeeping, meal preparation or driving to appointments are challenging for many older people. Personal tasks such as bathing, grooming, brushing, dressing, toileting, and even shifting from the bed to a chair can become hectic if they do alone. A Senior Approved Home Care agency provides such services. Home care providers are always available to take care of your loved ones. These caretakers are ready to work by themselves or as a team on a part-time, shift, live-in, hourly, or on an as-needed basis.
3. Types of services available for seniors living at home range from Homemaker Services which can include help with cooking, light cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, and other household chores and also Personal Care Services which assist with daily living activities such as bathing, dressing, toilet use, grooming and eating. Companionship and Respite Care are popular services as well.
4. Many caregivers considering using home care services because they feel there are not enough hours in the day. It is not an easy task to manage all jobs of a family member and while doing a job and taking care of your own family, and yourself. Exhaustion and stress can become overwhelming. If you are one of them, it is time to consider contacting a home care agency for home care services.
5. Seniors who become home care recipients would rather stay in their homes than move into residential care. This type of home care is very well suited.
If you have someone at your home that needs full care, then it is advisable to do proper research in finding someone who is right for your loved one.
HealthNowCa is an agency who provides health care professionals, nurses which are fully trained and they will be at your home with your loved as a family member.
We at Alameda County Home Health Care understand your need to care for your elderly parents. We provide the best home nursing care at the comfort of your home by trained health care experts.